Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Getting ready con't...

Some necessities...

In a sea of pink tents... one can quickly lose spatial reasoning and end up squatting in some one else's tent... purely by accident of course!

In order to combat this, they (the infamous 'they') suggest decorating your tent so it stands out to you.

Here is my contribution...

Some lovely pink and white flowers to put out in front of our tent... in theory we should see them as we scan down and know that we are in the right place. We'll see how that pans out. Laura is also bringing glow sticks which should help us pinpoint our tent! Oh and the lone yellow rose... my all time favorite flower is the yellow rose... mom used to call me the yellow rose of TX (birth state ;~)

I spoke with Laura 2 nights ago and then we texted this morning. Can I just say that having a partner in this makes it SO much more exciting? If I didn't have her I would literally be scared out of my mind... probably seriously contemplating faking an injury. But having her to do this with... having her to get excited with... having her to travel with... it makes it SO much better! Thanks again Laura for joining up to walk!

Another essential... coffee. And GOOD coffee at that. I am one of those people that will get a severe (mind-numbingly severe) headache if I don't have coffee in the morning. And apparently it has to be fairly strong coffee... the weak stuff doesn't even register with me.

Luckily Starbucks heard my call and came up with instant coffee!

We do use Starbucks regularly for our morning coffee... granted it's in the french press which ensures that it's strong enough to grow chest hair. So this isn't a 100% sure bet but it's a start! I figure I can use a pack and a half if need be. And I packed some Excedrin in case it isn't enough.

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Good in theory but in practice... not so much! You really aren't at camp very long during the daylight and once the light goes away... really hard to see flowers ;~) My tentmate Laura brought those glow sticks that you crack and that have little connectors. They were great for putting around the zipper rings and led us right to the tent!

    ReplyDelete